We are always looking for new team members to join us as we grow Folkways. At Folkways, you do a bit of everything—and handle a lot. So does everyone along with you. From checking out customers, to stocking wine to creating a beautiful display, running deliveries or pouring a taste of bourbon to a customer; all while making sure that every customer has a fun, friendly and informative experience.
We want to get to know you, even if you don't see an open role that fits you. Email us at email@example.com and include your resume.
Retail Sales Associate
Croton Falls, NY 10519
Folkways is hiring!
Do you like wine? So do we! Would you like to learn about the world of wine and work in a different retail experience? We are looking for new retail associates to help in our wine store in Croton Falls, NY. Is wine knowledge a must? - No, but you must possess warm hospitality skills and an eagerness to learn about wine. We will train and provide reading materials.
We believe in honest wines and spirits made by people who strive to preserve their land while cultivating business and their community. Our team shares a passion for wine and spirits but with an unpretentious approach to how we talk about and sell wine.
Folkways Wines & Spirits is located in a beautiful landmark building with a separate warehouse and office which handles all shipping and delivery.
Folkways is not just a place to pick up a bottle of wine. We host weekly tastings and workshops and collaborate with the local community on events and fairs.
Above all else, our mission is to create a space, where hospitality and customer service is equally as important to placing quality wines in the hands of our customers.
As the retail associate you will:
- Be responsible for opening and closing the store while offering excellent customer service.
- Interact with customers on recommendations or order.
- Take ownership of restocking, merchandising and communicating needs to management.
- Assist in leading tastings and other events.
- Ensure the store is clean, stocked and ready for the next day.
The right candidate will come from a background in either retail or hospitality and will have the following skills:
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills.
- Great writing skills and an eagerness to write and share views.
- Passionate about customer service and sharing knowledge, views and recommendations.
- Dedicated to working in an organized and detail-oriented manner with strong tech skills.
- Hourly rate dependent on experience.
- Receive great paid time off benefits: 10 days in your first-year employment, 15 days in your second year and 20 days in your third year.
- Receive annual professional development benefits to expand your wine knowledge and gain new certificates or diplomas.
Employment will commence in February.
To apply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume.